Are you planning a baby shower and looking for a unique theme to delight the mom-t0-be? Why not throw an umbrella themed baby shower! We’ll share some cute baby shower ideas all centered around the umbrella below!
Baby Shower Umbrella Invitations.
Etsy is a great place to find unique baby shower invitations for your upcoming shower. Designers like moonscapehandmade sell adorable baby shower invites featuring this cute white umbrella & hearts raining down!
Sweet Umbrella Cookie Treats.
Sweet treats are a huge part of a baby shower. Contact your local bakery to help design adorable cookies to match the theme of your umbrella baby shower. Pink umbrellas for a baby girl and blue umbrellas for a little boy. These adorable green umbrella cookies were whipped up by Baking For Good. They’re almost too cute to eat!
Don’t forget favors for all your baby shower guests! Order up some blue umbrellas or pink umbrellas (depending on the baby’s gender) to keep your guests dry during the next rain shower they face! Perfect for a spring time shower!
Following up our post on which umbrellas would pair up well with Presidential candidates, we thought we’d continue our umbrella coverage of the election (pun intended!) by picking out some fashionable umbrellas for the VP nominees!
Which umbrella says Biden all over it? And which umbrella would Ryan rock? We’ll just have to see how they pair up below!
Vice President Nominees & Their Fashionable Umbrella Pairings
Joe Biden: We think Joe Biden would pair well with our trendy but classic blue pinstripe umbrella to represent for the blue states as well as pairing well with his fashionable tie!
Jill Biden: Jill Biden is setting the trend by wearing metallic which pair perfectly with our stylish and reliable Gold Grass Compact Umbrella that’s the perfect travel size for all her speaking engagements.
Paul Ryan: Paul Ryan’s got to stay dry on the campaign trail and with the American flag behind him we’re pairing our bold Red Bloom Compact Umbrella.
Janna Ryan: Janna Ryan isn’t afraid to wear bright colors when she’s meeting and greeting the public. We think our fun travel size Orange Brushwood Umbrella would fit perfectly in her handbag while she’s out and about!
November is a rainy month – no matter where you reside. Don’t let that rain stop you from casting your vote in the upcoming election! Grab your trusty umbrella and head to those polls. We know that the candidates will thank you!
Since the candidates are on the road campaigning in all sorts of weather we thought we’d have some fun seeing which of our stylish umbrellas pair best with the potential POTUS’s (and their wives!). Do you agree with our umbrella choices? Which umbrella will you choose to stay dry during the election?
Fashionable Umbrellas for Fashionable Candidates:
Barack Obama: The current POTUS would set trends toting this distinguished Blue Hover Stick Umbrella with a strong modern design.
Michelle Obama: The current first lady doesn’t shy away from fashion-forward modern looks with a feminine flare. She’s not afraid to rock a festive frock. We think our stylish and fun Compact Daisy Wine Umbrella would pair perfectly to keep her dry during a downpour!
Mitt Romney: Mitt Romney’s on the road & on the go and would need the perfect reliable travel umbrella for his speaking engagements – that’s where our lightweight Travel Size Red Perch Umbrella comes in!
Ann Romney: Ann Romney also loves to bring a splash of color into her wardrobe and this delightful spring look lends itself to one of our newer designs – the cheerful Travel Lite Yellow Tulip Umbrella!
So how did we do? Do you think we chose the best umbrella match for the candidates and their wives? Let us know what you’d vote for!
Celebs have been rocking pastel this spring – pastels are sweet & elegant and really popular.We’re pairing some of our favorite celebrity fashionistas with some of our favorite pastel umbrellas. These umbrellas are what we image these celebs would rock during their next stormy day out. We imagine they have many people to carry their umbrellas for them, though! Check out some of our favorite pairings between fashionable celebrities & some of our favorite umbrellas.
TRAY6 Compact Perch Rain Umbrella
TRAY6 Full Size Gold Grass Metallic Umbrella
TRAY6 Full Size Blur Blush Umbrella
TRAY6 Full Size Pinwheel Snow Umbrella
We just know each of these fashionistas would ROCK one of our TRAY6 umbrellas with their outfits. Which pairing was your favorite celeb + umbrella combination? Which TRAY6 umbrella would you rock?
Do rainy days get you down? Make you feel like you have cabin fever because the rain is keeping you locked inside? Do your little ones think it’s a free pass to park themselves in front of the TV? Well have no fear, we have the answer to your rainy day blues! Below are some fun activities that actually require a rainy day!
1. Host a splash contest. Now, you’ll need a fairly big rain for this – but grab your raincoats, rain boots and an umbrella and head outdoors. You’ll need to pick some judges for the contest who will judge the splash. Then let each competitor perform their best splash! You can even create categories of splashes; big, dainty, messy, etc. Have some cool prizes picked out for the winners (water guns, pool toys, beach balls, fun umbrellas).
2. Create a Wet N’ Wild obstacle course! Use things you have around the house to create a series of fun activities for team members to challenge themselves with. Examples include; hula hooping 5 times, kicking a beach ball through plastic cones, spinning around with an umbrella, or tossing water balloons back and forth between team members! The wetter the activity the better! The goal is to have your whole team cross the finish line soaking wet! Remember, rain is the theme of the day!
3. Try out some crazy hair colors! Now, you’ll definitely want a rainy day for this, but this one is often fun for the kiddos. Stop by your local Party City or costume store and get some color hair spray (the kind that washes out in 1 wash) in crazy colors like blue, pink or lime green! Then have your own at home beauty salon. Allow the kiddos to pick out some crazy hair colors or mix and match multiple colors and then take some fun crazy photos before running outside into the rain and allowing the rain to start the process of washing out the color!
With all these fun rainy day activities, you’ll be counting down the days until the storm clouds start gathering! Have fun!
What can we say? We love compact items. We love compact umbrellas, compact makeup cases, compact phones…you name it, we like it! We wanted to share a few of our favorite compact treasures!
1. The iPod Shuffle – this little gadget is compact enough that it can go anywhere with you. No muss, no fuss – it’s all about the music. And that’s it! Heart! Currently available in 5 fun colors for $49.
2. Compact Umbrellas – yes, it’s a bit of a given as they are part of our line, but compact umbrellas are pretty fantastic. They can go in your car, your purse, your carryon, basically any small space is the perfect place to store these compact fellas! One of our current favorites from the line is our Compact Blue Bloom Umbrella. Available for just $35! With the rainiest months headed our way, you always can’t afford not to have a compact umbrella with you at all times!
3. Compact Mirrors – we cannot put into words how many jams our compact mirror has gotten us out of. Whether its needing to touch up our lip gloss or making sure there’s no food in our teeth (embarrassing!) a handy little compact mirror is the perfect sidekick. Right now there are a ton of adorable compacts popping up all over Etsy! Here’s one of our favorites by bumblebooHandmades! Their compact mirrors start at $18.